The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 9 2017


We had quite large congregations (for us) morning and evening last Lord's Day. Three Iranians were present so it wasencouraging to see that link has not entirely gone. Our two Korean friends were back and there were lots of Nigerians, as is often the case. We ended up with seven children for the talk and Sunday School. I am going through the klife of Peter and we are almost through. I hope to tackle Luther mext. We had our communion before the morning service and tea before the evening, an unusual combination. I preached a text in the morning Romans 5:1, 2 and starteda lttle series in the evening on Christian living, beginning with  the fear of God  - something I don't think I've ever preached on or possibly heard preached on.

No comments: