1. He was the only President not to belong to an organised church. Lincoln read the Bible daily but never joined an organised church.
2. He was the only President to take out a patent. He invented a device to free steamboats that ran aground.
3. He was the first President born outside of the 13 original states.
4. He was the first President to use the telegraph.
5. He was the first President with a beard.
6. He was the first President to be assassinated.
7. His life was saved from death twice when he was young.
8. He was a successfil wrestler as a young man being defeated only once in approximately 300 matches. His exploits earned him an “Outstanding American” honour in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.
9. He had no middle name.
10. He hated being called Abe. Apparently, he preferred being called Lincoln.