The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day October 15 2017


It was good to be back in Childs Hill again yesterday. We had a bumper turn out in the morning and the usual small crowd in the evening. It was good to see so many there in the morning, though there were  afew missing fo known and unknown reasons. There were extras in the morning as my son and his wife were there plus two visitors - a Czech man who liked the words over our door (Jesus lives) and a Nigerian lady. I preached from Acts again - on Philip and the Ethiopian. I have often preached it for a baptismal service but for the first time as part of a series. I did the last bt on Martin Luther for the kids (his death). In the evening we had communion and then I preached on the feeding of the five thousand from Matthew 14.

No comments: