The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 18 2018


I woke up Sunday feeling rather gloomy. I don't think for any reason. I just get like that sometimes but rarely on a Sunday. Anyway in those circumstances you just have to press on which I did and felt a bit better by the evening. I preached in the morning from Acts 13 on principles of biblical mission. It was perhaps a little too abstract. A new couple of Ghanaians came. Hope we see them again. We had communion in the evening and then I preached on that interesting episode at the end of Matthew 17 concerning payment of the Temple tax. Lots of people misisng today for various reasons. Half i=od us rather slow to get there in the morning. Winter drags on.

No comments: