The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day May 6 2018


Rather behind this week and last Sunday seems a long way back now. We began with communion as we do each month, looking at Jesus's words My God, my God .... I preached two texts - Matthew 9:12, 13 and 2 Timothy 3:16, 17. I've preached on both texts in the past but I prepared fresh sermons that I hope were fresh. These are sermons 66 and 67 I believe in a sort of series I have been doing for many years now on the hundred texts of the Irish Church Missions. I'm trying to preach on big texts in Scripture. These are big texts. We had decent numbers at both services.

No comments: