The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 5 2019


I started logging my days off last year and I want to get back to that. So far I haven't had a formal day off as the first week (30-05) was holiday, the second (06-12) I was at Carey, the third was the week of the memorial service (13-19) and the fourth I was in N Ireland (20-26). that is not to say that I've been working flat out, of course, I just haven't done it in a formal way.
So this time round Tuesday found me finding it difficult to get going. I felt physically and mentally drained. So I just headed out and managed to do my 10, 00 steps and grab a coffee. I headed into central London. After a bit of searching I found Giro's grave and another place (more on that another time) as recommended in the aforementioned Tired of London, Tired of life. I also caught up on Bible reading and read most of a book I enjoyed by Cornelis Platinga called Reading for preaching. So it was mostly good but I feel like  I could have been a lot more efficient with my time. (It didn't help that Eleri was out all evening).

No comments: