The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Songs that appear to be about Heroin

Not sure how I got on to this but I think it is correct. I think they are all anti- but not sure.

1. Bad U2
2. There she goes The La's
3. Golden Brown The Stranglers
4. Lust for life Iggy Pop
5. Perfect Day Lou Reed
6. Under the Bridge Red Hot Chili Peppers
7. Happiness is a warm gun The Beatles
8. Comfortably numb Pink Floyd
9. Running to stand still U2
10. Cold Turkey John Lennon**

**Rumour has it that this is actually about food poisoning after Christmas (seriously)

No comments: