The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day June 28 2020


It was a good day last Sunday. Different yet again in some ways. We began again with the singing time but our pianists were unable to be at their piano and so we made use of the excellent collection provided by the EMW. My son Gwïon kindly organised that for us. It's been good having him mostly with us over the summer (he has now headed back to Aber where he will work in the newly reopened bookshop over the summer). I recorded a service for YouTube last Friday on 2 Corinthians 5:1-10. (I had the camera a little low. I notice it officially has no views but I'm pretty sure that is wrong). In the evening it was Zoom time once again and I preached on the final three verses of Joshua 5. We also had Jonathan Parkinson with us from Caring for Life. We started supporting them years ago but have not been very good at keeping up so it was good to hear some news.

No comments: