The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Good News and Bad News from Banner of Truth


The February Banner Magazine is now out, at least in electronic format. From my point of view, it is good to see there an article on four sermons on Lot's wife. I hope people find it interesting. But then I turn to the book reviews and what do I find? A rather mean spirited review of Pastorals for Pastors that will do nothing to increase sales. It would have been better if they had sent me the review and I could have asked them not to run it. The reviewer knows I paid for it myself but instead of cutting me some slack, he wants to make sure I end up out of pocket. Cruel man.

No comments: