The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day May 15 2022

 

It was my privilege to preaching once again last Lord's Day. In the morning we looked at the next part of Luke 10. Only four verses but lots of things to explain of the passage is to be understood and applied properly. People missing as ever but again a decent number morning and evening. In the evening we had communion first and then looked at the first half of Psalm 18 (verses 1-27). We sing accompanied at the communion and I have slowly learned to pitch it but last Sunday evening I used the same tune for both hymns which didn't matter but was unintentional.

No comments: