The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Popular Songs With California in the Title



  1. California Here I come Al Jolson
  2. California Girls Beach Boys
  3. California Joni Mitchell
  4. Hotel California Eagles
  5. California Dreamin' Mamas and Papas
  6. California Blue Roy Orbison
  7. California Man The Move
  8. Danny California Red Hot Chili Peppers
  9. California (There is no end to love) U2
  10. Sunny California Woman Odyssey
(I understand there is a song by My Chemical Romance called We don't need another song about California)

No comments: