The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 2 2023


So back to more of a regular routine this week with the famous Tuesday Day Off. My eldest son had visited the Library when he was here and so I read the brief The Illustrated Guide to Dyslexia and Its Amazing People he borrowed and enjoyed it, although now my youngest son, who has dyslexia, is 21 you read in a different way. According to the book, dyslexia is inherited. It mentions the book The Vicar of Nibbleswicke by Roald Dahl which I did not know of. I am not a Dahl fan but I thought I would send for a copy. I also read more of the Giles Morgan book on Saints and a Five Views book I have bought on Christ in the Old Testament. I also watched University Challenge which I had not been able to watch the day before. In the evening we watched the next Happy Valley episode. I also did some writng on a project I have on and tried to sort out a dental appointment.

No comments: