The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting December 21 2022


With all the Christmas frivolity anf fun I'm well behind here on the old blog. We did meet on zoom on December 21. I took advantage of the fact that my fourth son, Gwïon, was around and so he told u aboiut his work as a UCCF staff worker and a brief expostion of Immanuel, one of the titles of Jesus that we think about at this time of the year. We were not a large number but we had a good time of prayer to follow.

No comments: