The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day March 26 2023


Perhaps a few people were caught out by the change of clocks but we were over fifty last Sunday morning. At least six I can think of were not there for various reasons but that number was replaced by family members visiting us (my oldest son was preaching in Welsh in London and so his family joined us) and a couple we have not seen in a while, saying they are off to live in Greece this week. I preached (not that well I fear) on the crown of thorns in the morning and Daniel 3 in the evening (usually small group pm).

No comments: