The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

GBM Prayer Meeting for work in The Philippines


For all its faults, zoom can be a great thing. It was a joy this morning to join the prayer meeting organised by GBM for the Philippines. We were joined by Aries Liboro and Reuben Saywell, who reported back on the work they are doing. This was followed by time for prayer in groups. We were about 45 altogether. It was not under ideal circumstances in that I was in the car between home and Hanwell being driven by my wife as I wanted to be in the conference in Ealing again. I got most of it, however, and it was a good start to the day.

No comments: