The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 6 2023


We began yesterday with communion. We were supposed to welcome in new membrs but they were late so we held it over to the main meeting, which is better in some ways as non-members are much more likely to be present. I preached from Luke 7:7-10 fearing I might have taken too small a section but I made an application using Gavin Ortlund's list of practical helps to humility. Good to have our student and his wife along again. In the evening we weren't a very small number. I preahed a text - Romans 15:13.

No comments: