The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

David and Susan


I was walking along my street the other day and I saw my neighbours David and Susan. A thousand thoughts can pass through your mind at once and so I thought first of the fact that all three of us are Welsh. David is more of Scot really but I remember he told me he was born in Wales. Susan grew up in the same county as I did. Then all three of us have published books (Susan's on gardening and David's a novel). The thing that was uppermost in my mind, however, was Teddy Bear Comic which I was a reader of back in the day and its strip Nurse Susan and Dr David. Shows my age.

No comments: