The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Harold Abrahams



This blue plaque has been up in the next but one street to me since May 2007 I discover. (A friend tipped me off about it). Abrahams, known to most of us through the film Chariots of fire, lived there as a single man from around 1923-1930 and then intermittently 1930-1936. More here. Also check out here for blue plaques. There I discover that other ones near me include David Bomberg and Amy Johnson.

No comments: