The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Hair References in Pop Songs


1. T Rex Telegram Sam
"Me I funk but I don't care/I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair"
2. Larry Norman Why should the Devil have all the good music
"They Say to Cut my Hair / They're Driving Me Insane / I Grew it out Long to make Room for my Brain"
3. Sonny and Cher I got you babe
"So let them say your hair's too long /'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong"
4. Musical Hair Frank Mills
"But he wears his hair/ Tied in a small bow at the back"
5. Beach Boys Surfin' USA
"Huarachi sandals too/A bushy bushy blonde hairdo/Surfin' U.S.A."

6. Scott McKenzie If you're going to San Francisco
"If you're going to San Francisco Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"
7. The Who Cut my hair
"Why should I care If I have to cut my hair? I've got to move with the fashion Or be outcast"
8. Led Zeppelin The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
9. Aretha Franklin I say a little prayer
"While combing my hair now And wondering what dress to wear now I say a little prayer for you"
10.  Almost cut my hair CSNY
"Almost cut my hair Happened just the other day It's gettin' kind of long I could've said it was in my way"

1 comment:

Alan said...

"They didn't like my hair, the clothes I used to wear"

(I hope I've quoted that right)

"I love you love me love"