The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

8 in a row


So Wales have now won 8 Six Nations games in a row (equalling the record) and are set for a second successive Grand Slam. It didn't come easy, mind, (as the man of the match going to England's Joe Worsley and their two tries to one would suggest) and it's no walk over yet. It's not quite like when I was a boy then but so far so good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm. My wife put on her welsh shirt to celebrate. Deserved, though. Which hurts. Can I apply for Welsh citizenship on the grounds of marriage....?

Anonymous said...

You can remember back that far! Age has not diminished your abilities. But then so too can I. Watched the BBC ruck and roll years video for the 70s yesterday to warm up for the match - blissful memories of when we ruled the world.

Gary Brady said...

Adrian - Don't worry, my boys are Welsh or English as suits - very Welsh at the moment I notice. John - watching in Wales is much better than here I'm sure. Here a real lack of bias keeps creeping in. All - The seventies are back: Discuss.

Martin Downes said...

Did you have long hair in the seventies?

Gary Brady said...

In the seventies I had hair and it was long. Wasn't everyone's? I think my parents were right to let me grow it while I could.