The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Book buys April


I blew it all this time at Banner. Calvin is the theme (Calvin's Wisdom, like the little book on anger were freebies - the Calvin I had so I passed it on). I've read the two little books by Iain Murray and Merle D'Aubigne already and started Heroes by Murray. I also asked them to send me the seven volume Tracts and Letters of Calvin - a snip at 45 GBP.
The nine books can all currently be seen here.

No comments: