The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Helm at the Piper

Damaged Piper
Tending to be a bit fuzzy myself (more or  less, as it were) I like clear thinking. Try this here for some clarity.

1 comment:

Paul Burgess said...

I found Helm's article particularly interesting as the last two books I have read were FF Bruce's The Canon of Scripture and Piper's A Hunger for God. Both books were in my view utterly excellent and have profoundly increases both my understanding of God's word and its application.

Don't want to pitch one against the other.