The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

The Holy Grail



While I was away in Aber I read a nice little hardback on The Holy Grail by Giles Morgan. It's a great little book looking at pre-Christian and Christian sources, Glastonbury, Arthur, the Templars, the Cathars, etc, and moving onto the Pre-Raphaelites, Tennyson, Monty Python and the Lord of the Rings and not missing the Who's Baba O'Riley. A concise and useful survey. I was surprised by my own ignorance at certain points and was glad to become better informed. More here.

No comments: