The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

The One Talent


My father-in-law spotted this Sunday School prize from my home church in a second hand bookshop somewhere. The book is "The one talent" by Margaret S Comrie. The book was presented to a local boy William Reuben Jones in 1909-1910. He would have been about ten. I'm not sure who he was or where he lived. The book is signed by the Sunday School superintendent Philip Hill (1883-1970 I believe, an iron worker who lived in Pontnewydd) and F Critchley, who I cannot identify further.

No comments: