The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

La du du

Not far from home there is a Vietnamese restaurant called La du du (how would Chandler from Friends cope? It means papaya leaf). Ever since it opened I've been longing to take my daughter-in-law and son there, a she spent six months in Vietnam in her gap year. We finally got round to it last week and had an excellent time. I think it brought back a  lot of good memories for them and I enjoyed seeing that and enjoying a great meal (Sauté beef or Bò lúc lắc). Sibyl went with Bún Chả Giò Thịt Nướng (Char-grilled pork & spring rolls with noodles) and Rhodiri with Crispy skin chicken (Cơm Gà Da Giòn)

No comments: