The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Olympic fever

I'm not that excited about the Olympics and the fact it is in London doesn't seem to be making that much difference except that whenever I see this countdown machine in Trafalgar Square I want to stand by it. Anyway I did so 18 days ago and thought about putting a photo up here. I forgot though so I've doctored it so that I will appear to be in the future for a few hours before the picture looks quite real later in the day. As I write the figure is officially
35
Days
11
Hours
22
Minutes
53Seconds

No comments: