The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Beatles songs that mention rain


1. Rain
2. Across the universe (Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup)
3. Fixing a hole (I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in)
4. I am the Walrus (If the sun don't come, you get a tan From standing in the English rain)
5. I'm a loser (My tears are falling like rain from the sky)
6. Penny Lane (And the banker never wears a mac In the pouring rain, very strange)
7. Please please me (I don’t wanna sound complainin’, But you know there’s always rain in my heart)
8. Ballad of John and Yoko (Saving up your money for a rainy day)
9. The long and winding road (The wild and windy night the rain washed away)
10. Hey Bulldog (Sheepdog Standing in the rain)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

11.For tomorrow may rain
So I`ll follow the sun

Gary Brady said...

Good one. I missed that.