The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Beatles Songs Time References

Seconds, minutes, etc
1. Made the bus in seconds flat
2. Wait, oh yes wait a minute mister postman
3. And in my hour of darkness
4. You said you would be late, about an hour or two
5. In the morning wanna die
6. Tuesday afternoon is never ending.
7. There will be a show tonight on trampoline
8. A day in the life/Things we said today
9. Martha my dear though I spend my days in conversation/So many days you passed me by
10. Uh, oh, many, many, many nights go by
11. Talking in our beds for a week/Eight days a week
12. I'll be writing more in a week or two/ You know its three weeks, I'm going insane

Days of the week etc
1. Didn't get to bed last night
2. Yesterday
3. The night before
4. Monday morning, turning back
5. Stupid bloody Tuesday
6. Wednesday morning at five o’clock as the day begins
7. Thursday night yourstockings needed mending
8. Friday morning at nine o’clock she is far away
9. Performs his feat on Saturday at Bishopsgate
10. Two of us Sunday driving not arriving/Sunday mornings go for a ride

No comments: