The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Giotto's Hand


Giotto's Hand by Iain Pears is a 1995 novel in a series* about Jonathan Argyll and his attempts to fight crime in the world of art. This one mentions a series of artists and is about uncovering a series of crimes over the years. It has a nice twist at the end. I enjoyed it for the most part though I've read better. The subject matter tempts me to look out for cheap copies of the others in the series.
 
*The Raphael Affair (1991) The Titian Committee (1992) The Bernini Bust (1993) The Last Judgement (1994) Death and Restoration (1996) The Immaculate Deception (2000)

No comments: