The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

GT on mortification of sin

Reformation Heritage Books has a little series of booklets on Cultivating Biblical Godliness and my father-in-law Geoff Thomas has written a 30 page thing How do I kill remaining sin? He simply works though four propositions that apply to every Christian majoring on the one that says that every Christian is to be constantly killing remaining sin. You can get it here. I remember this material being preached at Aber either last summer or the one before.

No comments: