The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 28 2016

I
t was quite an encouraging day yesterday. I was dealing with two difficult passages (Revelation 12 and Judges 17, 18) but with the Lord's help I was able to preach the Word and I think it was appreciated by those at various levels of understanding. We were potentially down in numbers in the morning with our two LTS men preaching elsewhere and others visiting relatives and so on. There were some visitors, however, including an enthusiastic Bengali-American visitor we'd not met before and a local woman who has been promising to come for quite a while and final made it this Sunday. I hope we see them both again. Others who have shown an interest recently were also there. My wife was away in Wales but the boys and I were kindly asked to join one of the families in the church. So all in all a good Sunday and much to be thankful for.

No comments: