The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweeek Meeting May 4 2016

We were back almost to full strength last Wednesday with some 14 present. Carrying on with 2 Timothy 2 we looked at the trustworthy saying of verses 11-13, which a was a challenge and a blessing I guess. Our LTS students reported back briefly on their time in City Church, South Birmingham and Carey, Reading, which was interesting. I didn't allow as much time for prayer as I might have but the prayers flowed for the elections, Sunday, needy members, etc, and most people were able to pray. What a delight to be with the Lord's people.

No comments: