The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting Wednesday March 22 2017

Wednesday was a bit disappointing. We were in double figures but only just and there were some missing. I decided to take a break from Leviticus a  think it is quite demanding. What I chose to do was something on Sola Scriptura, however, and I rather gabbled through that. When it came to the time of prayer we were a little slow to get going really. I think events in London that day had left us a little subdued. Life is often not straightforward.

No comments: