The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting Wednesday January 24 2018


We went back to Leviticus last night. We had broken off near the end of last year at verse 18 of Chapter 19. I hoped to finish the chapter last night but I felt I needed to recap on approach adn so in the end we only did verses 19-28. It confirmed to me again the usefulness of the threefold division of the law as a hermeneutical tool. Not that all difficulties then disappear but at least one can see ways to apply the equity of laws that have clearly now passed. I wasn't too long adn we had plenty of time for prayer and all present prayed. Glad to be back in Leviticus.

No comments: