The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 25 2018


I preached Sunday morning from Acts 13 on Paul in Pisidian Antioch. It was a great to go through the sermon adn to make other points too. Our seminary students were all preaching elsewhere and others were away but several were there who have missed recently. Part the way through the sermon I exchanged words with a local characcter. I exepct our sund engineer will remove that bit. In the evening we were very low again. Once we had captured the caretakers' cat from the balcony we got on okay from Matthew 18:1-6. Great hymns again today.

No comments: