The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Blue Plaque Near Baker Street


I was down near Baker Street on the upper deck of the bus the other day when I saw a blue plaque I had not seen before although it must have been there for some years. I was initially confused by the reference to Lennon and Harrison and not to the others but, of course, that is because Starr adn McCartney are still very much alive. The address is 94 Baker Street, the site of the now dissolved Apple Boutique clothing store, owned in the 60s by Apple Corps Ltd, a company formed by the band. A blue plaque to Lennon was already there and was replaced with a new one naming Harrison, following his death in 2001.

No comments: