The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 9 2021


On my day off last week I made a start on reading the papers for the Affinity Study Conference on March 17, 18. I have been to most of these over the years and have always found them a great benefit.  I am sorry we are online and I did think twice about shelling out £30 for such a thing but it will still be worthwhile. Simply reading these different papers on eschatology has been a benefit. (I managed to read two and a half of the five papers on my day off - they vary in length and the third one by Michael Horton I found quite demanding). I also popped out for a take away coffee and did the crossword, etc. A bit of TV in the evening.

PS It could be argued that I shouldn't be reading theology on my day off but knowing it was my day off made a difference somehow. Anyway, how else am I going to get them read?

No comments: