The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day September 26 2021


This last Sunday of the month was a rather low turn out. We were not quote 30 in the morning and only 10 in the evening. Not sure why people were absent, although I know one person was in ill in bed and another in A & E. We had some zoom problems for the few listening in but got those sorted. We looked at the Gerasene demoniac in the morning and Psalm 28 in the evening. I hope it was all helpful. I managed to make up a word during my prayer in the morning - dwained. It is a sort of portmanteau word based on waned and dwindled.

No comments: