The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 36


The holidays over it was back to a more formal day off this week. There were the common components - an art book (Michelangelo this time - stunning genius indeed), some cheese from Waitrose (Jarlsberg this time) and some TV in the evening (BBC). I also read some more from Calvin on Titus, the book for the reading group at the Pastor's Academy at the end of this month. I also took an hour or so out to chat over hot drinks to a very interesting Iranian man who has started to come along to us. I alos made a start on a paper I'm giving in November.

No comments: