The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 37


Lots of traditional elements in the latest day off - reading (read most of a book on Welsh wonders that I bought in the summer - fascinating), looking at an art book (Alfred Sisley this time; interesting but how many landscapes can you do?), bought some Manchego cheese as I explore that world (turns out it is made with sheep's milk), a coffee in Costa, a bit of TV in the evening (Inheritance on Channel 5). However, my first tasks of the day were letting of a mini-fumigator in our bedroom (we have a dog) and getting some keys cut as I have lost the ones I had. There is a completley automated key cutter nearby. I just thought I'm sure it was on the same day that I read the obituary of Mike Yarwood in The Times (two impressionists then, with Sisley!).

No comments: