The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Wedding in Kent


So last Thursday my wife and I headed east to Kent. We stayed in a nice little (very little) Air BnB in Rochester for the night. We enjoyed having a wander in the historic town which we have only visited once before. Satis House is apparently the house that Dickens based the home of Miss Haversham on and Abdication House is where James II en route for the continent and no longer being king. We had an afternoon coffee and later a pizza at Pizza Express. Very nice. I bought a nice little book on Helen Keller for children, which I enjoyed. We also watched The Highway Men a Netflix film about the notorious criminals Bonnie and Clyde.
The reason we were in Kent was to be at the wedding of Davd Mitchell to Alice Relf in Chatham. We have known David for years. He came to us when he was a student. One of my sons was bestman (great speech) and another a groomsman. Great day at churh and at the reception. Lots of ministers there one way and another.  One of the most enjoyable weddings I have attended.

No comments: