I may have announced my last sermons in Childs Hill previousy but these really were the last, last Lord's Day. In the morning I preached to a good sized congregation on 1 Timothy 6:6-9 The art of godliness with contentment and then in the evening to about twenty or so on Genesis 4:8-16 Learning about our spiritual state from Cain. Strange day in some ways. The leaving does not yet seem real. Lots of kind owrds and gifts too once again.
The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.
Lord's Day September 27 2026
I may have announced my last sermons in Childs Hill previousy but these really were the last, last Lord's Day. In the morning I preached to a good sized congregation on 1 Timothy 6:6-9 The art of godliness with contentment and then in the evening to about twenty or so on Genesis 4:8-16 Learning about our spiritual state from Cain. Strange day in some ways. The leaving does not yet seem real. Lots of kind owrds and gifts too once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment