The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

... And rest ...


This is my 356th post on this site in the last few months. As Mr Bloggy says, the old brain can get blogged up. So time for a rest. That's my plan anyway. We'll see how I do.

3 comments:

Family Blogs said...

Enjoy your break, Gary. Looking forward to your comeback tour!!

brent said...

Gary, I'm looking for your post on a documentary about the truth about global warming but can't find it. I saved the link but apparently YouTube thinks it's inappropriate so they took it down. Do you have another website for this group from England? I watched most of it and found very good. It's irritating that this is such a political issue.

Gary Brady said...

I did refer to global warming in a post but not to what you mention. It sounds like you are looking for an anti-GW docu aired here (Channel 4) and that prompted the news item I referred to. I did not see the docu. Sorry not to be more help.