The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Dearg Doom


Dearg Doom (Red Destroyer) is not the best track on The Tain but it is the best known and this 1 minute take from TOGWT gives you some idea of what's there. I have a feeling some people won't like it.

4 comments:

Reformed Renegade said...

Sounds great to me! But I'm not not ordinary people, either. :-)

Gary Brady said...

Your name tag says it all, huh? (Or half of it anyway)

Guy Davies said...

You were right, Gary, I don't like it. Too much hair and way too many twiddly notes.

Anonymous said...

This comment was removed by the Moderator