The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Marian Martyrs

Last week I read this delightful little guide to the Marian martyrs. I found myself thinking - when I retire ...! This really is a great little series from Day One. They have just published number 12 on R M M'Cheyne and I know there are more in the pipeline.


So far there are

Travel with John Bunyan by John Pestell
Travel with C H Spurgeon by Clive Anderson
Travel with William Booth by Jim Winter
Travel with John Knox by David Campbell
Travel with Martyn Lloyd-Jones by Philip Eveson
Travel with William Grimshaw by Fred Perry
Travel with William Carey by Paul Pease
Travel with William Wilberforce by Kevin Belmonte
Travel with CS Lewis by Ronnie Bresland
Travel with Robert Murray McCheyne by Derek Prime
Plus
The Martyrs of Mary Tudor by Andrew Atherstone
Around the British Museum by Clive Anderson

No comments: