The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Wonders of blogging


One of the great things about blogging is the way you get to "meet" people you never would otherwise. It has happened to me two or three times now. The latest episode involves a man called Kjell from Norway. He is a similar age and like me he is a Focus fan. We enjoy each other's websites on the subject. (For mine see here).
We recently had some email correspondence and Kjell has very kindly sent me a pile of CDs containing rare and even obscure Focus material. It would be of little interest to most people but to fans like ourselves it is full of interest. I was particularly impressed by Kjell's unwillingness even to let me cover his costs. What a kind fellow. Thanks mate and tusen taak!
It is pretty obscure stuff. An example can be found here and another here.

No comments: