The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Visiting Dad 16



It was half term last week and so Eleri and the boys spent most of the week up in Aber with my parents in law and with Rhodri and Sibyl. Sibyl's parents and sister also went up. I joined them late on, on Thursday, travelling up by train. I can't remember when I last travelled to Aber by train. Very pleasant on the whole.
On the Friday we headed back to London via Cwmbran, where we saw my sister and her family. We also went to see my dad in Panteg. He's very week now but was a little less confused than before. Iprayed and read a little more from Mark (we started on Chapter 5). It was not easy for the boys to see him so weak but I hope it will be good for them in some way. he showed soem real sparks of life at times. It's not easy though.

1 comment:

Kim sherwood said...

Dear Gary,

Very challenged by the John Wesley article. Read some of it before. Hope to put it into practice with the Lord's help.

Kim Sherwood