The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Old Evangelical Library




This is how Chiltern Street was looking when I last visited. The shelves themselves have gone since then.

3 comments:

Jonathan Hunt said...

It looks huge. Bet its even bigger without the shelves. I would love to live in that space.

Family Blogs said...

Wow. I was over in the Chiltern Street premises in October last year with my brother - amazing to see it cleared out now. Loved the photos of the new place as well. Trust that the EL will continue to be used of God.
Blessings,
A

Gary Brady said...

It's an old school and one man at least had his eye on it as aliving space. The Landlord is keen to preserve its ambience but quite what he'll do I don't know. Keep praying for the Library.