The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Machine Gun Preacher

I got to see a preview of the new film Machine Gun Preacher in Soho last Thursday. The story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing biker tough guy who makes a decision for Jesus and becomes a gun toting crusader for children in war torn Southern Sudan can't really be recommended because of the foul language. An action film for thoughtful people it's more machine gun than preaching but thought provoking  nevertheless. I've agreed to do a review for ET so I won't say more here except that this a reminder of the need for good theology. Movie Site here.

No comments: