The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Seven Billion or less

Everyone is talking about this seven billion figure at the moment. Check out this website here to see what the world population was the day you were born. On the day I was born (in 1959) the global population was approximately:

2,896,134,547

The fastest growing country that year was Western Sahara.
Also check this site, especially if like me you are over fifty (scientifically inaccurate but funny).
By the way I think a grwoing populationis good news not bad and if someone reads this post in fifty years time I predict we'll be on our way to seventy billion by then and it will be quite a different world to the one we know now - a whole lot better and a whole lot worse (unless the lord comes before then, of course).

No comments: